DisplaySearch has released a new report (small/medium TFT LCD and AMOLED product roadmap). They give an interesting chart showing AMOLED roadmap from all players:
There is a lot of interesting information in there:
- It seems that LG are working on 13.3" wide panels for laptops, to be released at the end of 2009. LG Display themselves say they are working on 15" panels.
- The next Sony OLED TV (XEL-2?) will have a 30" panel, and not 27" or 21" as previously assumed. We already know that Sony are delaying their new TV, and DisplaySearch think they will launch it at the second half of 2010.
- In the second half of 2010, DisplaySearch sees LG Display shipping a 17" wide panel for laptops, Sony with a 30" LTPS OLED TV, and CMEL with a 11" notebook panel and 20"-30" OLED TVs.
- According to this table, Samsung will not launch a large OLED panel - not until 2012 at least. This is strange as they claim they have production-ready 14.1" and 32" OLED TVs.
- In 2010 we'll see several new companies working on OLED for mobile devices - TPO, TM Display, AUO. This is great news and will probably lower prices and create a bigger demand for OLEDs.