Job description: You perform leading-edge research on organic semiconductor thin-film transistors and printing technologies. You will be working at the interface of materials science, process technology and device physics in a multidisciplinary research environment, together with industry. You will research and develop high mobility soluble semiconductors that enable flexible circuits and displays. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assess potential of new functional materials for transistor applications
- Develop solution based processes to deposit and pattern these materials.
- Electrical as well as physical/chemical characterization to assess performance of transistors, leading to fundamental understanding of device operation.
- Generating results that are either patentable or publishable in internationally renowned journals
Reporting technical progress both in written and oral form on a regular basis
Profile: You are eager to become an expert in the field of organic and printed thin-film transistors. You have the following background:
- A PhD degree in physical chemistry, materials science or experimental solid-state physics.
- A proven track record on thin-film transistor fabrication using novel materials.
- In-depth know-how of materials analysis techniques.
- Hands-on mentality, good organizational and communication skills.
- Good communication skills in English.