Poland-based Noctiluca is looking for an organic chemist, for the research and synthesis of materials for applications in OLED.
Scope of duties:
1. Laboratory work including synthesis (planning and modification of synthetic paths, conducting syntheses), isolation and purification (using physical and chromatographic methods), analysis of obtained chemical substances and keeping documentation of experiments
2. Ability to prepare samples and their analysis using:
- Gas chromatography - mass spectrometry (GC-MS),
- High-performance liquid chromatography - mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS),
- NMR spectroscopy,
- IR spectroscopy,
- UV-Vis spectroscopy,
3. Optimization and scaling of synthesis conditions from laboratory to semi-technical or technical scale
4. Performing research or research and development works carried out by the company, but also carried out on other entities request
5. Preparation of documentation of the course of research or research and development works in the form of reports, notifications, descriptions of analyzes, etc.
6. Preparation of information materials, scientific publications and patent applications regarding the conducted research or research and development works, as well as the activities of Noctiluca.
- Completed second-cycle studies in the field of organic chemistry or related,
- At least 3 years of experience in independent research work,
- Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of organic chemistry and methods of organic synthesis (planning and carrying out syntheses, purification, identification of products and their documentation),
- Knowledge of the English language at least at B2 level,
- Fluency in the use of MS Office,
- Ability to work in a team,
- Creativity, willingness to take on new challenges and learn,
- Scrupulousness, reliability and responsibility.
- Documented experience in the profession
- Documented experience in the chemical industry (internships, work placement)
- Documented scientific achievements (certificates, participation in conferences, publications in scientific journals, patent applications)
- Basic knowledge of OLED
- Relocation package, including support in renting a flat or obtaining a work permit in
- Work in a modern, dynamically developing company
- Work in an ambitious, specialized team with global potential
- Access to modern laboratory equipment
- Possibility of scientific and professional development and continuous improvement of
- Participation in innovative research projects