2016 will soon come to an end, and we are getting ready to summarize this exciting year in the OLED industry. One year ago we posted the top top OLED stories in 2015, and you can see the list below again.
- Danish site publishes LG's 2015 OLED TV price list
- LG Display demonstrates 0.97 mm thick 55" flat OLED TV panels
- Philips aims to spin-off its OLED lighting business unit
- LG announces six new OLED TVs, including the world's first bendable TV
- Everdisplay demonstrates a 6" 4K (734 PPI) AMOLED display
- Samsung reportedly plans its comeback to the OLED TV market with WRGB panels
- LG's 55" curved 4K OLED TV, the EG9600 is now shipping for $5,499
- Researchers claim new method can increase OLED efficiency by 3,000%
- LG Chem's 320x320 mm OLED lighting panel now in production, company develops new integration solutions
- LGD plans to ship 600,000 OLED TV panels in 2015 and 1.5 million in 2016
It was not a surprise to find most of the stories discuss OLED TVs - as 2015 marked the year when LG began to push OLED TVs into the market with more vigor.
In 2016 LG's OLED TV push continued - but there were many other exciting OLED developments - Apple's OLED adoption, flexible OLEDs, OLED laptops, the Note 7 and new production expansion. What will be the most popular OLED stories in 2016? We will soon post our yearly review, stay tuned!