2016 is soon over - and this has been a great year for the OLED industry. Following Apple's reported adoption of OLED displays in its future iPhones, display makers accelerated their OLED production plans. The market share of OLED displays (including flexible OLEDs ) continue to increase and the market is now experience a supply shortage. OLED TVs are also becoming more and more popular.
Here are the top 10 stories posted on OLED-Info in 2016, ranked by popularity (i.e. how many people read the story):
- Lenovo announces the world's first OLED laptop - with a 14" AMOLED display (Jan 4)
- LG announce their OLED TV lineup for 2016 (Jan 6)
- Lenovo demonstrates two foldable device prototypes (Dec 22)
- HSBC: Samsung to release the first foldable OLED phone by the end of 2016 (Jan 12)
- LG's 2016 OLED TVs prices slashed before Black Friday (Nov 9)
- Audi to use OLED taillights in the 2016 TT RS coupe (Jan 12)
- ETNews: SDC and Apple signed a flexible OLED supply agreement for the 2017 iPhone (Mar 21)
- UDC's evaporable emitters still outperform the best soluble materials (Feb 5)
- Samsung confirms it is developing OLED TV panels (Jan 29)
- Samsung Display to ship the 55" transparent and mirror OLEDs in Q2 2016 (Mar 16)
2016 was seen as a transformational year by some OLED analysis, and if all goes according to plan, the OLED display (and lighting market) will experience rapid growth in the next few years.